A Java Developer is needed for the model design and development of complex n- tiered distributed software applications.
Our client is a global medical organization, in the clinical software space. They are seeking a contractor to assist the development team. The primary and most important skills we are seeking is mid to senior level in Java. Must also have some experience with Spring, JPA, and in Object Oriented Design and Analysis, including UML and design methodologies. Multi threaded application experience is a plus. Most of the work at this time is Back End, however they are looking to implement web services. This position would be responsible for the design development and implementation of the web services in the future. The initial project is to move them from JBOS to the Tomcat platform.
- Model, design, and develop complex, n-tiered distributed software applications
- Evaluate technical design options based on effort, time, cost, and functionality
- Research and prototype innovative solutions using emerging and/or mature technologies
- Participate in design and review sessions throughout the Product Development life cycle
- Collaborate with Product Owner in defining both a tactical and strategic vision for of products
- Create, maintain, monitor, and execute automated software regression testing suite using third party or proprietary testing software.
- Keep manager informed of progress by direct communication using appropriate tools and any other processes as directed
- Stay current on appropriate tools or technologies
- Perform any other related duties for the product team as required
- 65% will be to Model, Design & Develop n-tiered distributed software components.
Translate functional specifications into technical design and Code solutions from technical design with the code fully commented.
- BS/BA/MS in computer science, information technology, or other related area or equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years experience in commercial software development
- 4+ years Java design and development experience)
- 3+ Experience with JBOS
- 3+ Experience with Tomcat
- 1+ years SQL experience. Oracle experience is a plus.
- Experience with at least one Application Server and similar or related Java Server related web technologies.
- 2+ years of JEE development experience, some Spring and JPA experience preferred
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Analysis, including UML and OO design methodologies
- Experience with IIS, and web technologies.
- Some experience with computer hardware, network infrastructure and security (Servers, web Servers, Firewalls, Routers).
- Ability to solve complex issues and demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills
- Experience in large enterprise system development a definite plus.
- C/C++/C#/.NET experience considered a definite plus